duminică, 13 martie 2016

Wonder: Book Review Spoiler Free

NON-SPOILER

What they say: "August Pullman wants to be an ordinary ten-year-old. He does ordinary things. He eats ice cream. He plays on his Xbox. He feels ordinary - inside.
But Auggie is far from ordinary. Ordinary kids don't make other ordinary kids run away screaming in playgrounds. Ordinary kids don't get stared at wherever they go.
Born with a terrible facial abnormality, Auggie has been home-schooled by his parents his whole life, in an attempt to protect him from the cruelty of the outside world. Now, for the first time, he's being sent to a real school - and he's dreading it. All he wants is to be accepted - but can he convince his new classmates that he's just like them, underneath it all?"

What I say: I have to admit that I really enjoyed this book. Yes! It is a kids book, but it was really fun to read, and I think  that even the adult will have something to learn from.
          First of all, the book was narrated from many points of view, not only his family, but also the persons around him. To be honest, my favourite perspective was Via's, because, she became my favourite character and I kind of realeted to her in a way. I don't know what exactly made her my favourite character, perheps that she was close to my age, but I can say that I liked the way she always took Auggie's side.
          Secon of all, the book really helped me in understanding better what some people who have this rare illnes are going through, and that you should never judge sombody by his/her face.
          All in all, this book was amazing, I absolutly love it, and I really enjoyed to find out more about this really rare illnes. As I said at the start of this review, I recomend this book to anybody, any age, because even the adults can lear from it.
I'll give it a 5/5 stars, because this book is one of this books who stays with you for a really long time.
Hope you enjoyed my review, and hope you have an amazing day because I don't and I hope everything it's going to be ok.
                                                                                        XOXO,
                                                                                           Diana <3

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu