miercuri, 11 noiembrie 2015

The Book Thief: Book review

Hey Guys!
I finally finished "The Book Thief " by Markus Zusak and what did just happend? I just want to say that this book broke my heart in so many little pices.
First of all, the book follows the story of Liesel Meminger, an ordinary girl. But she and her brother are on the way to an adoptive family in Munchen. Unfortunetly her brother dies on the train so she has to go through the Nazi Germany alone. Near the grave of her brother she finds a book which will reprezent the first stoled book. As the story goes on she will find that she is not actually alone. There is the man with an accordion, the man with hair like feathers  “... And the boy whose hair remained the color of lemons forever." - Markus Zusack
When I saw this book for the first time, I knew  that I am going to like it, but I also knew that I am going to read it pretty slow. I was wrong..... I loved this book, and I read it quite fast (1-2 weeks).
The thing that anoyed me a lot, is that I was spoiled when I was about 250/571  pages through it. By the author itself. 
Besides that, this book was such an amazeing read, and it is so sad that persons like me don't usually read war books (I think I read just 2 war books).
Another book that I've read is "The War Horse" few years ago, I think in 2012, and, again, a beautiful book which made me cry. But don't worry, that were happy tears.
I am going to say what I also said in the Harry Potter book review. I can see that Markus Zusak is a magnificent author just because he succeded in making me cry.
And I think I've said this to every single book I ever read (except of the school ones) but it was beautiful written, and he described the places so well. Though I have to say that the characters (mama and papa) I imagined them a little bit different.
Anyway, I will rate it 10 stars out of 10, and I hope you will read it too, if you haven't read it yet.
                                                                     
P.S.: Sorry for this random day blog. I try to write as regularly as I can (at least once a week).

                                                                                          XOXO, <3
                                                                                                                                                     

2 comentarii:

  1. Hi! I just want to say that I love your blog. OMG! I read all the posts and, now I can't wait to read all that amazing books. I wish I could read non-stop, but, unfortunately I don't have too much time to read, because I have a lot of homework. I read the Harry Potter series and I loved them all, as I could read them over, and over again. Yes, like you, I can say that I would rate it 9 and 3/4 :). I recommend you to try the series of "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" by Rick Riordan, if you like adventure and fiction. I read only the first one, because I don't have free time. But, c'mon! Let's don't be sad because of the time. You know that: "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times. If one only remembers to turn on the light". - Albus Dumbledore

    P.S.: I want to steal your Deathly-Hallows-necklace, because I love it! *Accio necklace!*

    Have a nice day and continue to read and to post on your blog! <3

    RăspundețiȘtergere
    Răspunsuri
    1. Hello there! Thank you for making time to read it and I'm glad you like it. I have to say that I heard nothing but good things about "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series by Rick Riordan, and I am seriously thinking of marathoning it this winter, maybe on the Christmas Holidays. Finger crossed for that.
      Thank you again and have a nice day too.

      Ștergere